2019 URI Football Tailgating Regulations
- The Plains Road parking lot provides an opportunity for traditional general public tailgating. The Plains Road Tailgate lot is $10 per car/per spot to park and tailgate.
- Tailgates must be limited to the immediate space behind the patron's vehicle and driveways must be kept clear at all times.
- The legal age for possession of alcoholic beverages and consumption of alcoholic beverages in Rhode Island is 21.
- The Plains Road parking lot will be open three (3) hours prior to kickoff and will close and be cleared at kick off. The lot will not reopen for the remainder of the day. Once your vehicle leaves the lot, it will not be readmitted.
- Kegs and other large quantities of alcohol will not be permitted in the tailgate area.
- No glass containers of any kind are permitted in the tailgate area.
- Vehicles are subject to random searches by University personnel
- Anyone in possession of or consuming alcoholic beverages must produce a valid ID to police when requested.
- No alcohol or coolers may be carried into or out of the tailgating area.
- Parking attendants are on duty to assist in maintaining orderly traffic flow and parking arrangement. Please park where they direct you. You may not "save" spots. Vehicles are not allowed to block travel lanes.
- Charcoal grills and open pit fires are prohibited - Gas grills only at the rear of your vehicle are permitted.
- Drinking games (included but not limited to beer pong), and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol (including but not limited to funnels or beer bongs) are prohibited.
- Anyone who violates these regulations will be asked to leave the tailgating area immediately or is subject to arrest.
- Visibly intoxicated individuals will not be allowed into the tailgate area.
*PLEASE NOTE: For URI Alumni & Family Weekend (AFW) on Saturday, October 26. Due to increased demand, the entire Plains Road lot will be a paid-for $10 lot*. Patrons wishing to park in this lot with fellow families and Alumni for AFW are encouraged to arrive early (lots open at 9 AM) and purchase parking in advance. To purchase tailgate parking for AFW in advance please visit http://www.theryancenter.com/events/URI_Alumni_&_Family_Weekend *AFW Parking is based on availability and fees are subject to change on game day.
GENERAL TAILGATING REGULATIONS
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- Ball playing and other games are not allowed in tailgate areas.
- No bands, large speakers or amplified music will be permitted.
- No solicitation of any kind is allowed. This includes banners, raffles, or the selling of any products (food, drink, apparel, souvenirs) without written permission from URI Athletics.
- No political signage or materials endorsing a particular candidate or issue may be displayed.
- Portable restrooms are available in all areas. Additional facilities are located inside Meade Stadium and the Ryan Center both of which open one hour prior to kickoff.
- Food and beverage may not be brought into Meade Stadium or the Ryan Center.
- The University of Rhode Island reserves the right to revoke parking and/or game admission privileges for violation of any State, University, or published policies regarding the consumption of alcohol or use of parking areas.
TAILGATING IS A PRIVILEGE - NOT A RIGHT - AND THE UNIVERSITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CLOSE DOWN ANY OR ALL TAILGATING AREAS AND TO DISMISS ANY PERSON FROM THE PREMISES FOR VIOLATIONS OF THIS POLICY OR WHEN IT DETERMINES IS REQUIRED FOR PUBLIC SAFETY PURPOSES.
Ram Lot Parking (White Pass)- Season ticket holders and Rams Fund members holding a Ram Lot pass wishing to park in the Ram Lot may access the lot by presenting your valid Ram Lot parking pass to traffic police at the intersection of Plains Road and West Alumni Avenue.
Ellery Lot Parking (Blue Pass) -Season ticket and Rams Fund members holding an Ellery Lot pass may access the lot by presenting your valid Ellery Lot parking pass to parking staff.
Plains Road Lot - The Plains Road lot is a general public lot which offers free non-tailgate parking on one side and paid to park ($10) tailgate parking on the other. Please note that for Alumni and Family Weekend on October 26th the entire lot is $10. For more information on Alumni & Family Weekend CLICK HERE!
Keaney Commuter Lot- The Keaney Commuter lot which is located off of route 138 and on the south side of the stadium is a free parking lot open to the public.