How it Happened
Dayton used its size to outmatch Rhody as the Flyers left Kingston with a 3-0 (25-16, 25-17, 25-16) victory Saturday afternoon.
UD collected 11.5 team blocks, compared to just 4.0 by the Rams. The Flyers converted 74 percent (38-51) of their sideout opportunities while also leading Rhode Island in total kills (44-31), attack percentage (.333-.111), service aces (7-2) and total digs (45-38).
Overall, there were just two lead changes in the match - when UD took over the first set at 7-6 and the third set at 5-4. In the second set, the Flyers jumped out to a 4-0 lead and remained on top the rest of the way.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior Hazel Brown and sophomore Gabrielle Shilling led Rhody with seven kills apiece. Brown also added six digs.
- Redshirt junior Natale Zanellato had six kills and two digs on the afternoon.
- Freshman Claire Wagner recorded a pair of service aces. She now leads the team in that category with 23 for the season.
- Sophomore Mariah Paulette registered four total blocks, two of which were solos.
- Junior Annie Ell had 19 assists while freshman Adel Gage recorded 11.
- Sophomore Ella Ratzloff finished with a match-high 13 digs.
The Rams are back in action next Saturday when they travel to Fordham. Game time is set for 7 p.m.