Posted: Sep 27, 2018
- The Rams return to Keaney Gym for a pair of A-10 matches against La Salle (Friday) and Duquesne (Saturday).
- After the first week of conference play, Rhode Island is in eighth place with an 0-1 Atlantic 10 record. Duquesne sits just behind Rhode Island, in ninth place at 0-2. La Salle is in sixth place with a split conference record of 1-1.
- URI and La Salle are tied for seventh in the conference in total blocks with 84 each.
- Individually, senior Lauren Pick ranks fourth in the A-10 in assists per set (8.88).
- Senior Olivia Budinich is sixth in the conference for both digs per set (4.12) and total digs this season (206).
- Sophomore Annie Ell has recorded a team-best 11 service aces.
- Freshman Mariah Paulette leads the team in both hitting percentage (.279) and blocks per set (0.83).
- Redshirt sophomore Natale Zanellato has recorded a team-high 147 kills. She also is averaging a team-best 2.94 kills per set.
- Sophomore Claire Chaplinsky is right behind her with 130 total kills (2.71 per set).
Rhode Island vs. La Salle
- Rhode Island leads the all-time series against La Salle, 35-4.
- The teams last met during last year's regular season, when La Salle downed the Rams 3-2. Prior to that loss, Rhody had won nine in a row.
- The Explorers enter the weekend with an overall record of 8-7.
- Last weekend, La Salle swept Davidson after falling to VCU in four sets.
- Kathryn Wood leads the conference in assists per set (11.30) while teammate Jensen Sharritts has recorded a league-best 309 digs this season.
- Devin Corah leads the team in both kills (204) and kills per set (3.78).
Rhode Island vs. Duquesne
- Rhody leads the series against Duquesne, 37-18.
- The Rams have won four of the last five matches, including a 3-1 victory in last year's Atlantic 10 quarterfinals.
- The Dukes, who will play at Fordham on Friday night, enter the weekend with an overall record of 5-9.
- In last weekend's matchups, Duquesne fell to both VCU (3-1) and Davidson (3-0).
- Camryn Vecera ranks second in the conference in both digs (270) and digs per set (5.29).
- Dani Suiter leads Duquesne with 0.41 service aces per set, good for second in the A-10. She also ranks third in the conference with 9.22 assists per set.