Oct 26, 2017
- Rhode Island hits the road for a Friday night match at Fordham.
- The game will be the first of two this season between the Bronx Rams and the Kingston Rams as Fordham will visit URI for the regular-season finale on Nov. 10.
- Rhody and Fordham enter the weekend tied for fifth place in the Atlantic 10 with matching 4-6 league records.
- URI ranks second in the A-10 in opponent hitting percentage (.166) and blocks per set (2.35).
- Individually, senior Marie Gillcrist ranks third in the conference with 1.40 blocks per set. She also leads the Rams with 119 total for the season, including seven solos.
- Junior Lauren Pick is fourth in the league in assists per set (8.61) while senior Jessie Blaze ranks ninth in digs per set (3.48).
- Freshman Live Lunde Fossdal is Rhode Island's leader in total kills (210) and kills per set (2.47). Senior Kylee Wolfe (2.13 k/s) is behind her with 179 kills.
Rhode Island vs. Fordham
- URI is 30-10 all-time versus Fordham.
- Rhody has won each of the last eight matches between the teams, combining to outscore Fordham 18-2 during that stretch.
- Fordham enters the weekend with a 12-11 overall record, and a 4-6 mark in the Atlantic 10.
- The Rams most recently picked up a five-set win over Davidson last Sunday.
- Fordham currently leads the Atlantic 10 in total service aces (175) and service aces per set (2.13). The Rams also rank in the league's top-5 in hitting percentage (3rd, .205) and opponent hitting percentage (4th, .199).
- Sophomore Olivia Fairchild is second in the conference in both kills per set (3.52) and service aces per set (0.67). Freshman McKenna Lahr is just being her, ranking third in the league with 0.53 aces per set.
- Junior setter Maddy Walsh ranks fifth in the A-10 in assists per set (8.07).
- Junior Olivia Laporta is seventh with a .300 hitting percentage and sophomore Morgan Williams is sixth in digs per set at 4.07.