How it Happened
The Rams dropped their second straight match, falling 3-1 to Davidson Friday night.
After taking the win in the first set, Rhode Island (9-12, 4-5 A-10) saw Davidson even the match 1-1 by winning the second set in a close 25-23 battle. The Rams dropped the third set, 25-18.
Rhody kept the fourth set close, but the Wildcats took advantage of errors to jump ahead, 18-17. Rhode Island kept the score within one point until back-to-back attack errors ensured Davidson the win, 25-22.
Inside the Box Score
- The loss dropped Rhody to 4-5 in the Atlantic 10 and 9-12 overall. Davidson, meanwhile, moved to 2-6 in the A-10 and 9-12 overall.
- Freshman Live Lunde Fossdal led the Rams with 13 kills and one service ace.
- Senior Marie Gillcrist had nine kills and six blocks, including a pair of solos.
- Senior Jessie Blaze recorded 16 digs to lead URI's defense.
- Junior Lauren Pick registered 42 assists, 10 digs, and two kills.
- Senior Kylee Wolfe had 10 kills, seven digs, and two blocks.
Stat of the Match
20 - The Rams committed a season-high 20 service errors in the loss.
The Rams return to action Sunday afternoon to host VCU. Match time is set for 12 p.m.