Sep 28, 2017
- After playing 11 of their first 14 games away from home, the Rams return to Keaney Gym for a pair of A-10 matches against George Washington (Friday) and George Mason (Saturday).
- Rhode Island is tied for fourth in the Atlantic 10 after splitting a pair of matches at VCU (L, 3-0) and Davidson (W, 3-2) last weekend.
- URI ranks second in the A-10 in opponent hitting percentage (.160) and blocks per set (2.44).
- Individually, senior Marie Gillcrist ranks third in the conference with 1.39 blocks per set. She also ranks 10th in the league with a .279 hitting percentage.
- Junior Lauren Pick is fourth in the conference in assists per set (8.70).
- Freshman Live Lunde Fossdal leads the team in total kills (135) and kills per set (2.50).
- Senior Kylee Wolfe is just behind her with 120 kills (2.26 per set).
- Lunde Fossdal and Wolfe also pace the team with 14 service aces each.
- Senior Jessie Blaze has recorded a team-best 167 digs.
Rhode Island vs. George Washington
- The Rams lead the all-time series with the Colonials, 37-33.
- Last weekend, GW opened conference play with a 3-2 win over La Salle before falling to Duquesne 3-1.
- The Colonials enter the weekend with a 5-11 overall record and a 1-1 mark in conference play.
- GW ranks fourth in the conference in both blocks per set (1.91) and digs per set (14.43).
- Individually, Kelsey Clark leads the team with 121 kills (2.28 per set) and ranks second with 38 total blocks.
- Jaimeson Lee has the majority of the Colonials' assists with 363. Her 5.95 assists per set rank ninth in the conference.
- Sydney Welch has registered a team-best 230 digs and leads GW with 3.77 per set.
Rhode Island vs. Mason
- George Mason enters the weekend with a 5-10 overall record.
- Like GW, the Patriots split a pair a matches with La Salle and Duquesne last weekend. They kicked off league play with a 3-1 loss to the Dukes but rebounded with a 3-2 win over the Explorers.
- Before facing Rhode Island on Saturday, the Patriots will plat at Fordham on Friday night.
- Rhode Island has never lost to George Mason and leads the all-time series, 8-0.
- As a team, the Patriots rank last in the Atlantic 10 in hitting percentage (.146) and service aces (61).
- Individually, Bailey Williams leads the team in total kills, with 162. Her 3.24 kills per set rank sixth in the conference.
- Emily Konchan has recorded a team-best 320 assists and sits fifth in the conference with 7.80 assists per set.
- Catie Espinoza leads the Patriots in digs (238) and is fifth in the conference in digs per set (4.41).