How it Happened
Rhode Island (5-7) dominated Siena (0-11), earning the sweep 25-21, 25-13, 25-19 to take second place at the Holly Young Invitational Saturday evening.
The Ram defense limited Siena to a .047 attack percentage, inducing 20 attack errors in 85 total attacks. On the other side of the net, Rhode Island hit .278 as a team, using a balanced attack to record 39 kills with just 14 errors in 90 attacks.
Inside the Box Score
- Seniors Kylee Wolfe and Jessie Blaze earned all-tournament team honors for Rhode Island. They were joined on the team by New Hampshire's Kennedi Smith, Emma Patlovich and Gabri Olhava; Dartmouth's Sara Lindquist and Siena's Antonija Ivanovic.
- Wolfe led Rhode Island with 10 kills against Siena. She had a .500 hitting percentage, committing just two errors in the match.
- Blaze led the defense with 11 of Rhode Island's 38 digs. Eleven of the 14 Rams who played recorded at least one dig.
- Senior Marie Gillcrist had five digs, four kills with no errors and three block assists.
- Junior Lauren Pick had 20 assists and three service aces.
- Freshman Claire Chaplinsky recorded seven kills and three digs in two sets.
- Junior Mckenzie Kiesle had six kills with no errors in 10 attacks, good for a .600 hitting percentage.
Rhode Island opens Atlantic 10 play Friday, Sept. 22 when it travels to VCU. The match begins at 7 p.m.