How it Happened
After dropping the opening set 25-23, Rhody and Dartmouth kept things close all throughout the second. Neither team led by more than three points until a Jessie Blaze service ace secured Rhody the 25-21 victory and leveled the match at 1-1.
Dartmouth claimed the third set 25-19, but Rhody came back once again and evened things up at two apiece with a 25-20 win in the fourth set. The Big Green's only lead in the set came just three points in at 2-1.
The Rams eased their way to a 12-3 lead in the fifth and final set before Dartmouth used a 7-1 run to cut URI's advantage to 13-10. A Rachel Lynne Cox kill gave the Rams match point at 14-10 and Rhody later won it on a service error by Dartmouth's Olympia Nagel-Caland.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior Kylee Wolfe recorded a career-high 21 kills to go along with 11 digs, posting her first double-double of the season. She also added three blocks and a pair of assists.
- Senior Marie Gillcrist also set a new career-high against the Big Green, registering 12 block assists. That total ties Michelle Drerup (Sept. 12, 1986) for the third most in a single match in program history and is the most by any Rhode Island player since Carrie Gangl set the URI record (15) in 1996.
- Gillcrist also recorded nine kills and four digs for the Rams.
- Freshman Live Lunde Fossdal registered double-digit kills as well, finishing with 15 on the night. She also had a career-high six blocks while adding seven digs.
- Junior Lauren Pick matched her career-best with 55 assists and a pair of service aces.
- Sophomore Jenna McGuire added nine kills while Jessie Blaze had a team-high 12 digs.
Stat of the Match
- 21 - The 21 kills by Kylee Wolfe were the most by any Rhode Island player in a match so far this season.
Rhode Island returns to action with a pair of matches on Saturday. The Rams will face New Hampshire at 12:30 p.m. and Siena at 4:30 p.m.