Rhode Island finished fourth after day two of competition at the Atlantic 10 Outdoor Track & Field Championship Sunday. The Rams collected 93.5 points while George Mason took home the crown with 159 points. VCU was second with 126 points, and host Massachusetts was third with 104 points. Rhody's Lotte Black was named the Women's Track Performer of the Year.
Highlights from Competition
- Lotte Black was crowned champion in the 1500 meters with a time of 4:24.32.
- Black also won the 800 meters in an A-10 Championship meet record and personal-best 2:04.69.
- Kristina MacLure won the 400 meter hurdles in a personal-best and school record time of 59.13 seconds. Gabrielle Curtis finished fourth in 1:01.23.
- Trinity Smith placed third in the 100 meter hurdles in 14.34 seconds. Curtis was seventh (14.55s) and MacLure was eighth (14.67s).
- Mikaila Amerantes finished sixth in the 400 meters in 55.84 seconds.
- Samantha Andrews placed fifth in the discus with a throw of 39.76 meters.
- Sara James finished ninth in the heptathlon with 3896 total points.
ICYMI: Saturday's Competition
- Molly Botts finished runner-up in the hammer throw with a mark of 52.75 meters. Samantha Andrews (49.46m) and Nicole Valdez (49.21m) placed fourth and fifth.
- Jess Ippolitto finished fifth in the pole vault after clearing 3.55 meters.
- In the javelin, Leah Wolf was fourth (38.95m) and Julia Campezato was fifth (38.29m).