Massachusetts Minutemen Invitational
April 6, 2019
UMass Track & Field Complex - Amherst, Mass.
Highlights from the Track
- Rhody took the 1-2-3 in the hammer throw. Molly Botts took the crown (50.39m) while Samantha Andrews finished second (50.22m) and Nicole Valdez was third (49.74m).
- The 4x100m relay team of Hasna Badji, Xiana Twombly, Lexi Luna, and Carleisha Forteau finished third in 48.02 seconds.
- Ashley Evans won the 3000 meter steeple chase in 11:48.14.
- Kelly MacDonnell (56.52s) and Bethany DeLoof (56.74s) each earned points for the Rams in the 400 meters, finishing third and fifth, respectively.
- Leah Wolf won the javelin with a throw of 42.40 meters. Sara James was sixth (33.07m) and Noelya Delacruz finished eighth (31.82m).
- Trinity Smith finished fourth in the 400 meter hurdles with a time of 1:05.20.
- Bolu Taiwo finished ninth in the high jump (1.61m) and Sara James was 11th (1.56m).
- Lexi Luna finished fifth in the 100 meters (12.67s) and Xiana Twombly was sixth (12.77s).
- Jessica Ippolitto was fourth in the pole vault with a mark of 3.40 meters.
- Kayla Ezeama finished ninth in the triple jump (10.54m).
- Chelsea Lee finished seventh in the 800 meters in 2:21.10.
- Carleisha Forteau was fifth in the 200 meters with a time of 25.65 seconds.
- In the shot put, Jianna Peno finished eighth with a throw of 11.02 meters.
- Samantha Andrews placed third in the discus (39.81m). Leah Wolf was 11th (34.68m), Sheila Plunkett was 12th (33.87m), and Molly Botts finished 16th (30.51m).
- Camille Bertholon was eighth in the 5000 meters in 19:03.15.
- The 4x400m relay team of Hasna Badji, Gabrielle Curtis, Trinity Smith, and Bethany DeLoof was third in 3:55.51.
The Rams will travel to SCSU to compete in the Northeast Combined Events Challenge begging at 10:00 a.m. on April 11.