Rhode Island finished fourth at the Bryant Black & Gold Invitational Saturday with 77 total team points. Holy Cross took home the victory with 150 points.
Highlights From the Track
- Samantha Andrews won the hammer throw on Friday with a mark of 51.81 meters. Nicole Valdez was fifth (45.76m) and Ashley O'Loughlin was eighth (43.86m).
- Andrews was third in the discus (41.38m). Leah Wolf finished seventh (37.47m) and Sheila Plunkett was eighth (37.32m).
- Wolf placed second in the javelin with a throw of 42.88 meters. Julia Campezato (41.71m) was fourth and Sara James (34.96m) was ninth.
- James placed third in the high jump after clearing 1.55 meters. Bolu Taiwo was seventh (1.50m).
- The 4x100m relay team of Hasna-Kaarina Badji, Xiana Twombly, Alexcia Luna, and Carleisha Forteau finished fourth in 48.91 seconds.
- Chelsea Lee placed third in the 800 meters with a time of 2:20.10. Saige Grazia finished in 2:22.18, good for seventh.
- Hasna-Kaarina Badji finished fourth in the 400 meter hurdles, crossing the finish line in 1:06.18.
- Carleisha Forteau (25.84s) and Alexcia Luna (26.17s) each earned points for the Rams in the 200 meters, finishing sixth and eighth, respectively.
- The 4x800m relay team of Saige Grazia, Ashley Evans, Kaylen Hughes, and Una Treanor placed second in 10:13.02.
The Rams travel to compete in the Minutemen Invitational next Saturday, April 6th hosted by Massachusetts at the Track & Field Complex. Events are scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m.