Posted: Feb 09, 2019
URI Coaches Tribute Invitational
Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019
Mackal Field House - Kingston, R.I.
This was a non-scoring meet.
Highlights from the Track
- Senior Natalie Sopchak won the 800 meters with a time of 2:20.93. Senior Bailey Thayer placed second (2:22.96), junior Chelsea Lee was sixth (2:24.16) and senior Sydney Sopchak finished eighth (2:24.65) for Rhody's top 10 finishers.
- Sophomore Molly Botts won the weight throw with a mark of 16.93 meters. Sophomore Samantha Andrews was sixth with a throw of 15.54 meters and sophomore Ashley O'Loughlin finished 10th after throwing 14.02 meters.
- Junior Kristina MacLure won the long jump with a leap of 5.67 meters. Freshman Sara James was 28th (4.47m).
- Freshman Alexcia Luna won the 200 meter dash in 26.12 seconds. Junior Dominique Twombly was just behind her in second, finishing in 26.17 seconds. Senior Carleisha Forteau was sixth (26.38s) and freshman Trinity Smith was eighth (26.39s) to round out the Rhody top 10 finishers.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Gabrielle Curtis, Trinity Smith, Hasna-Kaarina Badji, and Bethany DeLoof won in 3:59.22.
- Sophomore Ashley Evans finished sixth in the 1000 meters in 3:09.55.
- In the shot put, freshman Jianna Peno was 15th (11.20m), sophomore Samantha Andrews was 16th (10.99m), freshman Noelya Delacruz was 17th (10.91m) and freshman Sara James finished 23rd (9.53m).
- Junior Camille Bertholon was third in the mile run in 5:17.13.
- Freshman Trinity Smith placed second in the 60 meter hurdle finals in 8.86 seconds and freshman Ciara French was third in 9.00 seconds.
- Sophomore Bethany DeLoof won the 500 meters in 1:18.90. Freshman Hasna-Kaarina Badji finished third after crossing the finish line in 1:22.37.
- Junior Dominique Twombly was fifth in the 60 meter dash in 8.01 seconds and freshman Alexcia Luna was sixth in 8.06 seconds.
- Sophomore Jessica Ippolitto finished fourth for Rhody in the pole vault after clearing 3.40 meters.
- Senior Elaina Hobbs was seventh in the high jump with a mark of 1.58 meters and freshman Sara James was 12th (1.53m).
- In the triple jump, sophomore Kayla Ezeama finished 12th after leaping 10.21 meters.