FAIRFAX, VA. - The Rhode Island women's track and field team is in fourth after day one of competition with 27 team points. Dayton is in the lead with 57, host George Mason is in second with 33 points, and Davidson sits third with 27.5.
- Katie McNulty will be competing in the 800 meter final after clocking in at 2:11.33 in the preliminaries.
- Kristina MacLure (14.33s) and Breann Burns (14.58s) both qualified for the 100 meter hurdles final on Sunday.
- Greta Scott qualified for the 400 meter dash final in 54.67 seconds.
- Kylie McPherson is in eighth after day one of the heptathlon with 2630 points. She finished second in the 100 meter hurdles (15.07s), second in the 200 meter dash (26.04s), 10th in the high jump (1.46m), and 14th in the shot put (8.43m).
- Karlee Fowler placed fifth in the pole vault after clearing 3.70 meters.
- Lysah Russell finished second in the hammer throw with a throw of 53.43 meters. Molly Botts finished third (52.18m) and Samantha Andrews finished fifth (50.36m).
- Julia Campezato placed fifth in the javelin with a mark of 42.07 meters.