UMass Minuteman Invitational - Amherst, Mass.
Rhode Island vs. UMass Amherst, Vermont, Northeastern, and Bryant
Rhode Island finished second at the UMass Minuteman Invitational with 144 team points. Host UMass Amherst won the meet with 177 total team points.
Highlights from the Track
- Courtney Hawkins won the 10,000 meters in 38:02.53 and Jackie Burr followed for second in 38:36.85.
- Kristina MacLure won the long jump with a mark of 5.36 meters and Kylie McPherson finished in second with a jump of 5.11 meters.
- In the 800 meters, Saige Grazia finished fifth (2:23.89) and Chelsea Lee finished sixth (2:24.23).
- Katie McNulty finished fourth in the 1500 meters with a time of 4:43.28 and Alyssa Brehler finished sixth (4:44.68).
- Camille Bertholon placed second in the 5000 meters, clocking in at 18:40.13.
- In the steeplechase, Kelly Iocca finished third in 11:23.34.
- The 4x100 meter relay team of Bethany DeLoof, Kelly MacDonnell, Lindsay Goulet, and Carleisha Forteau finished second with a time of 49.83 seconds.
- DeLoof finished fifth in the 400 meter dash, clocking in at 59.55 seconds. MacDonnell finished seventh in 1:00.46.
- Forteau also finished fourth in the 200 meter dash with a time of 25.89 seconds.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Kylie McPherson, DeLoof, MacDonnell, and Gabrielle Curtis placed first, clocking in at 4:02.56.
- Curtis also placed third in the 400 meter hurdles with a time of 1:07.23.
- Tiffany Jenkins won the high jump after clearing 1.51 meters.
- Rebecca O'Donnell finished second in the triple jump with a mark of 11.65 meters. Kayla Ezeama finished fourth (10.25 meters).
- Leah Wolf placed second in the javelin with a throw of 37.13 meters, and Julia Campezato was third with a mark of 36.60 meters.
- In the discus, Samantha Andrews finished fifth (38.89 meters) and Wolf finished sixth (38.16 meters).
- Molly Botts placed second in the hammer (50.05 meters) and Andrews finished fourth (49.14 meters).
The Rams return to competition next Saturday, April 14 as they travel to UConn for the Northeast Challenge. The meet is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m.