BOSTON, MASS. - The Rhode Island women's track and field team wrapped up their indoor season on the final day of the ECAC Championship. Rhody scored 15 team points and finished 21st out of the 44 teams who scored.
Highlights from the Track
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Kristina MacLure, Keilan Nova, Mikaila Amerantes and Greta Scott won with a school record time of 3:41.06. The race went to the finish line and they beat Liberty University by three hundredth's of second (3:41.06 to 3:41.09). This is the teams first ECAC 4x400 relay title. They broke the old school record of 3:41.59 previously set by Dyshelle Pemberton, Nova, Lauren Burke and Mariah Claudio at the 2015 ECAC Champship.
ICYMI: Saturday Results
- Karlee Fowler was fourth in the pole vault with a jump of 12'5'5" which ties for the ninth best URI mark all-time. She set the school and conference record during the A-10 Championship and set the second, fourth and eighth best Rhode Island all-time marks during the course of the season.
- In the 4x400m relay prelims the team of Kristina MacLure (56.5), Keilan Nova (55.9), Mikaila Amerantes (55.6) and Greta Scott (54.4) won their heat and automatically advanced to Sunday's final with a time of 3:42.59 - now the third best URI mark all-time.
- Breann Burns made the 60 meter hurdles semi-finals in her first ECAC Champs meet and finished 15th with a best time of 8.96 seconds.
- Molly Botts was 27th in the weight throw with a best mark of 50'3.25".
- Katie McNulty ran a personal best time of 2:11.59 in the 800 meter prelims finishing 18th.