Feb 03, 2018
BOSTON, MASS. — The Rhode Island Women's Track and Field team finished fourth out of 30 teams at the New England Championship.
Rhody finished with 57 team points. Northeastern won the meet with a total of 130.50 points.
Highlights From the Track
- The relay team of Kristina MacLure, Keilan Nova, Mikaila Amerantes, and Greta Scott won the 4x400 with an ECAC-qualifying time of 3:44.28, which is the teams 4th best mark all-time.
- Mikaila Amerantes finished second in the 500 meter dash finals, clocking in at 1:14.01, which is a junior class record as well as URI's fourth-best individual mark all-time.
- Karlee Fowler was runner-up in the pole vault, clearing a height of 12'5.5".
- Greta Scott placed third in the 200 meter dash finals with a personal best and ECAC-qualifying time of 24.90 seconds.
- Katie McNulty finished the 1000-meter finals in 2:53.34, good for fourth place. Her time, which was a personal best, marked the sixth-best URI individual all-time.
- Rebecca O'Donnell finished fourth in the triple jump with a personal-best mark of 38' 6.75". The distance was the fifth-best ever at URI.
- Kristina MacLure placed fifth in the 60 meter hurdles finals (8.81 seconds). Her time was both a personal best as well as an ECAC-qualifing mark.
- Ashley Evans-Gabby Curtis-Chelsea Lee-Shelby Aarden finished fifth in the distance medley relay, clocking in at 12:13.60.
- The 4x800 meter relay team of Katie McNulty, Saige Grazia, Bailey Thayer, and Chelsea Lee clocked in at 9:16.77, good for sixth place.