BOSTON, MASS. - The Rhode Island Women's Track & Field team finished day one of the New England Championship in eighth place, with a total of 12 team points.
Highlights from the Track
- Greta Scott qualified for the 200 meter dash finals with a time of 25.37 seconds in the preliminaries. Dominique Twombly will join her in the finals, clocking in a qualifying time of 25.49 seconds.
- Mikaila Amerantes and Natalie Sopchak both advanced to the 500 meter dash finals, clocking in at 1:15.46 and 1:18.12, respectively.
- Katie McNulty qualified for the 1000 meter finals with a time of 2:58.66.
- The team of Shelby Aarden, Gabrielle Curtis, Chelsea Lee, and Ashley Evans finished fifth with a time of 12:13.60 in the distance medley relay.
- Karlee Fowler placed second in the pole vault with a mark of 12' 5.5".
The Rams continue competition at the New England Championship tomorrow, Feb. 3.