KINGSTON, R.I. — The Rhode Island women's track & field team wrapped up the Sorlien Invitational on Saturday. The meet was a non-scoring Invitational. Rhode Island competed with Assumption College, Brown University, Boston University, Coast Guard Academy, Providence College, Quinnipiac University, Southern Connecticut St. University and Stonehill College.
Mackal Field House, Kingston, R.I.
Highlights from the Track
- Senior Karlee Fowler won the pole vault with 11'11 3/4" mark. She also ran a personal best time of 28.54 seconds in the 200 meters.
- Sophomore Kristina MacLure won the 60 meters with a personal best and New England qualifying time of 7.79 seconds. Her time is the seventh best Rhode Island individual mark all-time.
- Junior Katie McNulty won the 800 meters with a New England qualifying time of 2:16.86 seconds.
- Junior Greta Scott won the 200 meters in a New England qualifying time of 25.37 seconds and was second in the 60 meters with a personal best time of 7.83 seconds.
- The 4x400 Relay team of MacLure, junior Keilan Nova, junior Mikaila Amerantes and Scott won with a season best, ECAC and New England qualifying time of 3:49.33 seconds.
- Amerantes was second in the 400 meters with a New England qualifying time of 57.41 seconds.
- Freshman Ani Armenakyan had a season-best weight throw of 48'10 1/4.
- Senior Breann Burns ran a seaso-best time of 27.03 seconds in the 200 meters and was third in the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 8.97 seconds.
- Senior Kylie McPherson had a personal best throw of 32'0" in the shot put.
- Sophomore Dominique Twombly was third in the 200 meters with a season-best time of 25.93 seconds.
Rhode Island will return to the track for the John Thomas Terrier Classic Invitational at Boston University on Friday, Jan. 26 at 2 p.m.