The Rhode Island women's track & field team returns to the track this Saturday, Jan. 20 to host the URI Sorlien Invitational.
This is a co-ed, non-scoring invitational with athletes from Assumption College, Brown University, Boston University, Coast Guard Academy, Providence College, Quinnipiac University, Southern Connecticut St. University and Stonehill College.The meet is scheduled to begin with field events at 11:00 a.m. and running events at 12:15 p.m. in Mackal Field House.
Rhode Island has won the Sorlien Invitational each of the the last two seasons.
Mackal Field House, Kingston, R.I.
January 20, 2018
Order of Events
11:00 a.m. - Shot Put
11:00 a.m. - Long Jump
11:00 a.m. - Triple Jump
11:00 a.m. - High Jump
11:30 a.m. - Pole Vault
12:15 p.m. - 60m Hurdles (Prelims)
12:40 p.m. - 60m Dash (Prelims)
1:00 p.m. - Mile Run
1:30 p.m. - 60m Hurdles (Final)
1:45 p.m. - 400m Dash
2:05 p.m. - 500m Dash
2:25 p.m. - 60m Dash (Final)
2:35 p.m. - 800m Run
2:55 p.m. - 1000m Run
3:15 p.m. - 200m Dash
4:00 p.m. - 3000m Run
4:25 p.m. - Distance Medley Relay
4:50 p.m. - 4x400m Relay
Last Time on the Track
Beantown Challenge | Jan. 13, 2018
- Senior Karlee Fowler won the pole vault with an ECAC mark of 11'11 3/4". She also ran a personal best of 9.37 seconds in the 60m hurdle prelims.
- Junior Greta Scott was secoond in the 200m with an indoor personal best and New England mark of 25.32 seconds.
- Senior Alyssa Brehler took third in the 3000m with a New England mark of 10:06.62 seconds.
- Junior Elaina Hobbs placed third in the high jump with 5'5" mark.
- Senior Rebecca O'Donnell was third in the triple jump with an indoor personal best and New England mark of 37'8 1/2".
- Junior Saige Grazia ran a personal best and New England mark of 3:02.69 seconds in the 1000m.
- Freshman Ashley O'Loughlin had a personal best throw of 45'4 1/2 in the weight throw.
- Junior Natalie Sopchak ran a personal best time of 1:18.23 seconds in the 500m.