Posted: Dec 04, 2017
Olney-Margolies Athletic Center, Providence, R.I.
This was a non-scoring Invitational
- Senior Breann Burns won the 60m hurdles with a New England qualifying mark of 9.07 seconds and ran a URI best 300 meter time of 44.58 seconds.
- Senior Karlee Fowler won the pole vault with an indoor personal best and New England and ECAC qualifying mark with a height of 12'2".
- Junior Greta Scott won the 300 meters with a personal best mark of 40.10 seconds and ran a personal best and New England qualifying mark of 7.84 seconds in the 60 meters. Greta's 60 meter time ties her for the 10th best URI individual time of all-time.
- The 4x400 relay team of sophomore Kristina MacLure (57.8), junior Keilan Nova (58.3), junior Mikaila Amerantes (58.0), and Scott (57.3) won with a ECAC qualifying mark of 3:51.80, which is the teams best time ever at Brown.
- Freshmam Molly Botts placed second in the weight throw with a personal best and New England and ECAC qualifying mark with a height of 54'10". That mark ranks 9th best of all-time at URI.
- Sophomore Gabrielle Curtis finished second in the 60m hurdles with a New England qualifying mark of 9.09 seconds.
- Freshman Jessica Ippolitto placed second in the pole vault with a New England qualifying mark of 11'5 3/4". This ties her for the 7th best mark at URI all-time.
- Freshman Samantha Andrews took third in the weight throw with a New England qualifying mark of 51'2 3/4".
- Senior Rebecca O'Donnell finished third in the triple jump with a New England qualifying mark of 37'6 3/4".
- Sophomore Dominique Twombly took third in the 60 meters with a New England qualifying mark of 7.84. This ties her for the 10th best all-time at URI.
- Amerantes finished in fourth place in the 300 meters with a personal best time of 41.11 seconds.
- Junior Lindsay Goulet ran a URI best time of 43.04 seconds in the 300 meters.
- Senior Tiffany Jenkins ran a personal best time of 45.75 seconds in the 300 meters.
- Nova beat her personal best time with her 7.99 seconds mark in the 60 meter preliminaries.
- Rhode Island returns to the track this Friday, December 8th to compete in the 23nd Annual URI Pentathlon beginning at 11am in Mackal Field House. Athletes from Boston College, Brown, Bryant, Holy Cross and Southern Maine are expected to compete along with Rhode Island.