NEW HAVEN, CONN - Rhode Island crowned five individual New England Champions on the day, including one double winner, and saw a school record fall. However, Rhody came up just short finishing only behind the Huskies of Northeastern to take second place at the 2016 New England Outdoor Track & Field Championships. The Huskies outlasted URI, 140-92.60.
- 100H - 13.63s (1031)
- High jump - 1.66m (806)
- Shot put - 11.31m (616)
- 200m - 25.41 (850)
- Long jump - 5.74m (771)
- Javelin - 32.89m (531)
- 800m - 2:26.07 (743)
Other Rhode Island Highlights
- Hannah Madison and Michelle Savoie finished fourth and fifth respectively in the heptathlon.
- The 4x100 meter relay team of Emily Renna, Briana Robitaille, Dyshelle Pemberton and Shellyann Lindo took second with a combined finals time of 46.51s.
- The 4x400 relay team placed fourth in a combined finals time of 3:52.28, scoring five points for the Rams.
- Briana Robitaille placed fourth in the 100m dash, scoring five points for the Rams with a time of 12.02s. Teammate Shellyann Lindo took seventh (12.20s).
- Mariah Claudio placed eighth in the 400m dash (1:02.81).