Complete Results - Day One
Atlantic 10 Conference Women's Outdoor Track and Field Championship
George Mason University | Fairfax, Va.
Setting the Scene
Senior Keiko Hector leads a trio of Rhode Island women in the top five of the heptathlon through four events at the Atlantic 10 Women's Track & Field Championship.
Hector won both the 100-meter hurdles and the high jump while placing fourth in both the shot put and 200m for a Day One total of 3091 points. She leads Dayton's Sarah Sepanski (2909) by 182 points. Rhody's Hannah Madison (2,765) and Michelle Savoie (2685) ranks fourth and fifth, respectively, with three events to be completed.
Junior Janel Conley also had a strong day for the Rams, who sit in fifth place in the team standings after the first day of the championship. Conley had the fastest time of the day in the preliminaries of the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 14.19 seconds. She also placed fourth in the long jump to contribute five points to Rhode Island's team score.
Rhode Island Results
- With a pair of top-five finishes in the pole vault, Rhode Island scored 10 team points. Senior Karleigh Manfredi scored six points for placing third with a jump of 3.71 meters, while sophomore Karlee Fowler added four points for her fifth-place height of 3.56m.
- The Rams also got points from two individuals in the hammer. Senior Aysha Moreino's throw of 46.27 meters placed fifth and scored four points, while junior Maggie Dufault provided two points with a seventh-place finish.
- Freshman Leah Wolf placed sixth in the javelin with a throw of 38.24 meters, good for three team points.
- Senior Mariah Claudio advanced to the finals in a pair of events. She will run both the 200 meters and 400 meters on Sunday.
- The Rams will have three women in the finals of the 100-meter hurdles. In addition to Janel Conley, seniors Emily Renna and Karen Lobaton advanced through the preliminaries.
- Rhode Island will have two representatives in the 400-meter hurdles, with junior Dyshelle Pemberton and sophomore Kylie McPherson advancing.
- Junior Briana Robitaille will race in the 100-meter finals.
Team Standings - Day One
George Mason – 40
Massachusetts – 36.5
Dayton – 33
Duquesne – 30
Rhode Island – 24
VCU – 18
Richmond – 12.5
Davidson – 12
George Washington – 11
Saint Louis – 9
La Salle – 5
St. Joseph's – 3
The A-10 Championship concludes Sunday starting at 9:30 a.m.