EASTON, Mass - The Rhode Island women's track & field team competed yesterday at the ninth annual Stonehill College "Skyhawk" Invitational. The Rams had over a dozen athletes achieve new personal best marks and multiple athletes reach all-time URI program top-10 marks.
- Janel Conley won the 100 meter hurdles with a finals time of 14.34s.
- Karleigh Manfredi won the pole vault with a personal best jump of 3.85m (12' 7 1/2"). This mark moves her into second all-time in program history. This mark for Manfredi is just one centimeter off the school record of 3.86m.
- Katja Neves took first in the shot put (12.22m).
- Briana Robitaille won the 100 meter dash in a time of 12.31s.
- Leah Wolf won the discus throw with a mark of 39.69m. She was also third in the javelin with a personal best throw of 35.40m.
- The 4x100 relay team of Emily Renna, Briana Robitaille, Dyshelle Pemberton and Shellyann Lindo won in a combined time of 46.94s.
- In the 4x400 relay, the team of Kylie McPherson, Katherine McNulty, Mikaila Amerantes and Mariah Claudio took first in a time of 3:52.50.
- Nichole Barger ran a personal best in the 1500 meter run (4:44.29)
- Jennifer Czerapowicz had a personal best in the 800 meters (2:18.91)
- Karlee Fowler tied the sophomore class record taking second in the pole vault with a jump of 3.70m. Keiko Hector notched an outdoor best of 10.30m in the shot put.
The Rams will look to buld off there second place team finish at the 2016 Indoor Track & Field Championship when they head to George Mason University for the 2016 Atlantic 10 Conference Outdoor Track & Field Championship. The championship runs May 7-8 on the campus of Mason.
Check gorhody.com for a preview of the championship later this week and for daily recaps during next weekends championship.