SMITHFIELD, R.I. - The Rhode Island women's track & field team traveled up interstate 95 to Bryant University where they competed in the Black & Gold Invitational. The day was highlighted by eight overall winners in their respective events.
- Mariah Claudio took the 400m dash in a time of 57.27s.
- Katherine McNulty won the 800 meter run with a finals time of 2:21.30.
- Breann Burns took gold in the 100m hurdles with a winning time of 15.12s.
- Rhode Island was victorious in both the 4x100 meter relay and the 4x400 meter relay. The 4x100 team of Emily Renna, Briana Robitaille, Dyshelle Pemberton and Shellyann Lindo finished in a combined time of 48.21s. Mariah Claudio, Dyshelle Pemberton, Mikaila Amerantes and Keiko Hector took home the 4x400 meter relay in a winning time of 4:03.44.
- Hannah Madison placed first overall in the high jump with a leap of 1.52m. Madison also took silver in the javelin throw with a throw of 34.46m.
- Karleigh Manfredi toom gold in the pole vault with a clearance of 3.30m.
- Leah Wolf with a finals throw of 38.91m, placed first overall in the discus throw.
Other URI standout Performers
- In the 200 meter dash, the Rams placed third (Mikaila Amerantes, 26.63s), fifth (Jalexis Susana, 27.41s) and sixth (Lindsay Goulet, 27.53s).
- Saige Grazia finished just outside the top three in the 800m run placing fourth with a time of 2:28.22; teammate Alexandra Carbonell placed tenth for the rams with a time of 2:34.68.
- Paige Ethier placed ninth overall in the 5000m run (18:40.95). Lanie Jowett placed 20th (19:37.08).
- In the 100m hurdles, Ashleigh Marks placed third (15.51s), Hannah Madison was fifth (17.07s) and Michelle Savoie took eighth (21.26s).
- In the 400m hurdles the Rams had seven of the top 11 finishers.
- Karlee Fowler (3.30m) and Amber Sekoll (3.00m) finished second and fourth respectively.
- Jennifer Czerapowicz (10.72m) and Rebecca O'Donnell placed three-four in the triple jump. O'Donnell also placed seventh in the long jump with a jump of (4.89m).
- In the Hammer throw, Rhody placed second (Aysha Moreino, 44.86m), third (Maggie Dufault, 44.25m) and fourth (Manny Vadis, 41.27m).
- Sheila Plunkett placed fourth in the discus throw with a finals throw of 35.38m. She also placed eighth in the hammer throw.
Rhody will return to competition a week from today when it competes in the Mark Young Invitational. Evemts are set to begin at 9 am.