KINGSTON, R.I. - The Rhode Island Women's Track & Field team had another solid performance on Friday competing in the David Hemery Valentine Invitational; the event was hosted by Boston University. Rhody had three top ten finishers as well as many other strong performances.
Top Ten Finishes:
- Karlee Fowler finished in fourth place in the pole vault with an ECAC qualifying distance of 3.65m (11'11 3/4"). This mark also ties her for fourth all-time at URI.
- Amber Sekoll took home fifth place in the pole vault with a New England qualifying mark of 3.50m (11'5 3/4").
- Aysha Moreino placed seventh in the weight throw with a mark of 15.94m (52'3/4"). This mark also qualifies her for the New England Championships.
Other Top Performers:
- Nichole Barger (2:15.11) and teammate Alex Carbonell (2:19.27) both had personal bests in the 800 meters. Barger's time qualified her for the New England Championships.
- Rebecca O'Donnell had a season best distance of 10.79m in the triple jump.
- Dyshelle Pemberton ran the 200 meters in a New England Qualifying time of 25.29s.
- Katherine McNulty ran the 500 meters in a personal best of 1:18.15.
Rhody will return to competition next Saturday, February 20 at the Atlantic 10 Conference Indoor Track & Field Championships. Rhode Island will be the host site for the two day championship which gets underway Saturday at 9 a.m. in Mackal Fieldhouse.