KINGSTON, R.I. - Rhody Track & Field will wrap up its regular season indoor track schedule on Saturday when it hosts the Coaches' Tribute Meet at Mackal Fieldhouse. Competition will begin with the field events at 11 a.m.
Saturday is also Senior Day for our Track & Field student-athletes. There will be a brief Senior Day recognition ceremony starting at 10:10 a.m. prior to the start of events.
URI Coaches' Tribute Meet | Saturday, Febuary 6 --11 a.m. | Mackal Fieldhouse
Teams: AIC, Brown, Bryant, CCSU, New Hampshire, Providence, Rhode Island, Stonehill, UMass Amherst, US Coast Guard, Franklin Pierrce.
Last Time Out - Terrier Classic | Boston University
- At the Terrier Classic the Rams competed well. The team had six top ten finishers, a new school record set, five new all-time marks recorded and 17 athletes notched personal best or season best marks.
- Mariah Claudio set the school record in the 500 meters, crossing the line in 1:12.91 breaking the old mark of 1:13.99. Claudio finished second overall in the event and was the top collegiate finisher.
- Keiko Hector was third in the high jump with an ECAC qualifying mark of 1.70m. She also ran 8.97s in the 60m hurdles.
- Jennifer Czerapowicz jumped a URI indoor best 11.50m in the triple jump.
- Dyshelle Pemberton ran the 500 meters in 1:15.88 which is the fifth best time in program history.
- Karleigh Manfredi was sixth in the pole vault clearing the bar at 3.60m.