KINGSTON, R.I. - The Rhode Island Women's Track & Field team placed fifth out of the 15 team field at the Joe Donahue Games hosted by Northeastern University. The Rams posted a team score of 56, just one point behind fourth place South Florida who finished with 57.
University of Central Florida won the event with an overall team score of 154, followed by Northeastern (105.5) and UMass Amherst (71.5).
- Rhode Island took silver and bronze in the 400m Dash. Mariah Claudio finished second with a time of 56.04s and teammate Dyshelle Pemberton finished right behind her in third (58.35s).
- Micaela McPadden finished seventh in the 500m Run crossing the finish line in 1:17:68.
- In the 60m Hurdles, Janel Conley took second posting a time of 8.73s. Conley also took fourth in the High Jump (1.66m)
- Karleigh Manfredi placed fourth in the Pole Vault with a height of 3.60m.
- Keiko Hector took bronze in the Long Jump with a distance of 5.70m.
Rhody returns to Boston next Saturday, January 30 when it competes in the John Thomas Terrier Classic hosted by Boston University. Events are scheduled to begin at 10 a.m.