Boston, Mass. - Senior Lauren Burke broke her own school record in the 500m and three other Rams had top-ten finishes to pace Rhody at the David Hemery Valentine Invitational.
Top 10 Finishes:
- Lauren Burke was third in the 500m in an ECAC-qualifying and school record time of 1:13.99. Burke broke her old record of 1:14.04, which she set at last year's New England Championship. She has now run six of the top 10 URI all-time marks and holds the sophomore, junior, and now senior class records. The old senior record was 1:14.85 by Angela Girardin in 1999.
- Mariah Claudio was sixth in the 400m with a season best and ECAC-qualifying mark of 55.57s. This time breaks the junior class record of 55.62s, run by Najla Singleton in 2010, and is the program's second best mark all-time.
- Janel Conley was seventh in the high jump with make of 1.70m, (5'7"). This ties her personal best mark and qualifies her the ECAC Championship.
- Katja Neves was eighth in the shot put with a best mark of 12.84m, (42'1 1/2).
Additional SB, PB & Qualifying marks:
- Courtney Hawkins ran a New England qualifying mark of 10:19.17 in the 3000m.
- Karen Lobaton ran a season best time of 26.49s in the 200m.
- Ashleigh Marks ran a personal best of 9.13s in the 60m Hurdles and 26.42s in the 200m.
- Karleigh Manfredi cleared a personal best and ECAC-qualifying height of 3.60m, (11'9 3/4), in the pole vault. That mark ties her for the third-best URI individual all-time with current teammate Amber Sekoll.
- Micaela McPadden ran a indoor personal best and New England qualifying mark of 58.34s in the 400m.
- Dyshelle Pemberton ran a personal best and ECAC-qualifying mark of 56.34s in the 400m. Pemberton's time makes her the fifth-best URI individual all-time and is the program's ninth best mark all-time.
- Emily Renna ran a season best mark of 26.17s in the 200m.
- Michaela Smith had a season best throw of 12.28m, (40'3 1/2), in the shot put.
- Manny Vadis had a personal best throw of 14.42m, (47'3 3/4), in the weight throw.
- Nicolette Pelrine ran a personal best and New England qualifying mark of 3:01.82 in the 1000m.
The University of Rhode Island will host the 2015 Atlantic 10 Men's and Women's Indoor Track Championships on February 21-22 at Mackal Field House in Kingston, R.I.