KINGSTON, R.I. - The Rhode Island Men's and Women's Track and Field teams will host nine teams from throughout the region to compete in the Sorlien Memorial Invitational on Saturday. The meet will begin at 11:00 am in the Mackal Fieldhouse in Kingston, R.I..
Official Order of Events
11:00 - Men's 35# Weight Throw > Women's 20# Weight Throw > Men's Shotput
11:00 - Women's Shotput - (Only if second circle is available, if not, follows men's shotput)
11:00 - Women's Long Jump >Men's Long Jump > Women's Triple Jump > Men's Triple Jump
11:30 - Men's High Jump > Women's High Jump
11:30 - Women's Pole Vault > Men's Pole Vault
Track Events - Women run first in all events except 60m hurdle finals
12:15 - 60m Hurdle Trials
12:35 - 60m Dash Trials
12:50 - 1 Mile Run
1:20 - 60m Hurdle FINAL
1:30 - 400m
1:50 - 500m
2:10 - 60m FINAL
2:15 - 800m
2:35 - 1000m
2:55 - 200m
3:25 - 3000m
4:00 - 4x800m Relay
4:20 - 4x400m Relay
Last Time on the Track
Men's Track and Field - January 16, 2015 - NYC Gotham Cup
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Marlon Montague, Jared Gray, Gregory Black, and Jalen Young placed third with an official time of 3:19.29.
- Jack Kahrs qualified for both New Englands and IC4As, and just missed out on an event win as his height of 2.04m in the high jump was good for second place. High Jump counterpart Jacob Reilly also qualified for New Englands, jumping 1.99m in the same event.
- Freshman Nigel Hill finished ninth in the 60 meters with a New England qualifying time of 6.91.
- Young finished fourth in the 400 meters with a New England and IC4A qualifying time of 49.13.
- Casey Burley's jump of 6.87m was enough to place eighth in the long jump and qualify for New Englands. He also qualified for New Englands in the triple jump, as he finished eighth in that event, 13.90m.
- Hill also finished 15th of over 80 runners in the 200 meters, finishing the race in 22.52.
- Montague finished 12th in the 400 meters, qualifying for New Englands with his time of 49.58.
Women's Track and Field - January 16, 2015 - NYC Gotham Cup
- The 4x400 relay team of Dyshelle Pemberton, Keilan Nova, Micaela McPadden & Mariah Claudio finished fourth with a season best time of 3:53.60.
- Alyssa Brehler was fifth in the mile run with a personal best and New England qualifying time of 5:04.47.
- Amber Sekoll was seventh in the pole vault with a personal best and ECAC clearance of 3.60m (11'9 3/4"). This also gives Sekoll the third-best individual score in URI history.
- Janel Conley finished tenth in the long jump with a personal best jump of 5.53m (18'1 3/4"). This makes Conley the sixth-best URI individual of all-time.
- Jackie Burr won her section of the 3000 meters with a New England qualifying time of 10:12.40.
- Mariah Claudio ran an ECAC qualifying time of 56.82 in the 400 meters
- Shelly Lindo ran a personal best and New England qualifying time of 7.83 in the 60 meters. This makes Lindo the sixth-best URI individual of all-time.
- Karleigh Manfredi had a New England qualifying mark of 11'3 3/4" in the pole vault.
- Micaela McPaddden ran a personal best time of 1:18.42 in the 500 meters.
- Keilan Nova ran a New England qualifying time of 58.33 in the 400 meters.
- Dyshelle Pemberton ran a New England qualifying time of 58.15 in the 400 meters.