Rhode Island Rams vs. Wagner Seahawks
Spiro Sports Center - Staten Island, N.Y.
Rhode Island falls to New Hampshire 160-99
Highlights from the Pool:
- Rhode Island came in first place in five of the 14 events.
- The Rams had top-three finishes in 12 of the 14 events.
- Junior Nicole Petta finished first in the 100-yard breastroke (1:07.36) and in the 200-yard breastroke (2:26.61).
- Sophomore Caitlin Guccione placed first in the 200-yard butterfly (2:11.90) for the fourth time this season, while also finishing second in the 100-yard butterfly (59.80)
- Senior Hannah Homans, Petta, Guccione and junior Eliza Anderson finished first in the 200-yard medley relay (1:49.59).
- Homans added a couple top 3 finishes to her day when she placed second in the 100-yard backstroke (1:00.12) and third in the 200-yard backstroke (2:10.74).
- Freshman Kelly Blake, sophomore Maddie Horner, junior Grace Kneller and Eliza Anderson took first in the 400-yard freestyle relay (3:43.74).
- Sophomore Mackenna Dunn finished second in the 200-yard freestyle (1:59.38), third in the 100-yard freestyle (55.67) and third in the 200-yard individual medley (2:17.31).
- Senior Sydney Williams placed third in the 1000-yard freestyle (10:56.19) and sixth in the 500-yard freestyle (5:29.46). Sophomore Sabrina Anderson, Homans, junior Emma Grace Pecha and junior Caitlyn Blake followed their teammates with a second place finish (3:54.07).
Rhode Island will return to the pool in Kingston on Tuesday, Jan. 16 against Massachusetts. The meet is set for 12:00 p.m.