How It Happened
Rhode Island dropped both ends of a doubleheader Saturday, falling at St. Bonaventure, 3-2 and 6-4.
Game One – St. Bonaventure 3, Rhode Island 2
Rhode Island (12-32, 3-14 A-10) held a 2-1 lead going into the bottom of the seventh inning, but St. Bonaventure scored twice to record the walk-off victory. Elizabeth Enovitch led off with a walk and McKenna Holtz followed with a single up the middle. Both runners moved into scoring position on a groundout, and Enovitch scored to tie the game on an RBI groundout by Hailey Blencowe. Grace Perechinsky followed with an infield single that plated Holtz with the winning run.
Game Two – St. Bonaventure 6, Rhode Island 4
The Rams jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the top of the first inning, but the Bonnies (10-29) came back with two runs in both the first and second inning, then single runs in the third and fourth innings, to complete the sweep.
Inside the Box Score
- Junior Rebecca Simms singled twice and drove in one run in the first game. In the second game, she added an RBI single.
- Sophomore Caileigh Holland had three hits on the day and now has eight hits over her last six games.
- Senior Paige Julich had a solo home run in each end of the doubleheader. She now has 13 career homers, tying her for seventh place in program history with Kellie Cookus (1996-98).
- Julich had four hits on the day. She had two singles in the second game.
- Sophomore Erika Yeager doubled twice on the day, once in each game. She now has 19 career doubles, tying her with Ali Summers (2014-17) for 23rd in program history.
- Freshman Hannah DeSousa singled, walked twice and scored twice on the day.
- Sophomore Erica Robles doubled and singled in the second game.
- Senior Rachel Kuhlman had a solo home run in the second game.
- Junior Becca Rogers pitched 4.2 innings, allowing one run on four hits while striking out seven batters in the first game. She did not factor in the decision.
Rhode Island and St. Bonaventure close out the three-game series with a single game Sunday at noon.