KINGSTON, R.I. - Due to field conditions caused by recent weather, Rhode Island will play a single game at Providence on Tuesday afternoon. Originally, the teams were scheduled to play a doubleheader at the URI Softball Complex, but instead Rhody and the Friars will play one game at Glay Field.
Last season, the Rams and Friars spilt a doubleheader, with Providence winning the first game, 5-2, and Rhode Island taking Game Two, 6-2. Current sophomore Erika Yeager had a career-best four runs batted in for Rhody in the 6-2 victory.
Tuesday, March 19
at Providence, 3 p.m. EST – Live Stats
- Rhode Island enters the game coming off a 6-2 victory over Tennessee State, marking the biggest offensive output of the season for the Rams.
- Sophomore Erica Robles is batting a team-best .333. Over her last 10 games, she has 10 hits and six RBI.
- Junior Becca Rogers moved into 10th place in program history in career strikeouts during her last outing. She has 199 and needs 40 more to tie Jill Anderson (2005-08) for ninth place.
- Rogers has won two of her last three strarts.
- Sophomore Erika Yeager has 14 hits this season. Half of those hits have gone for extra bases, as she leads the team with six doubles and has one home run.
- Senior Paige Julich and junior Rebecca Simms are tied for the team lead with six runs scored each.