RHODE ISLAND (3-4-3, 0-1-1 A-10)
Starters: Morrissey (GK), Haggerty, Luker, Schafer, Fitzgerald, Sengphilom, Goncalves, Derry, Ellis, Cavino, Caso
Substitutes: Bike, Bentick, Ross, O'Leary, Rosenthal
DAYTON (3-5-2, 1-0-1 A-10)
Starters: Becker (GK), Goins, Mertz, Lutz, Huber, Pauley, Livingston, Mink, Kidd, Steiert, Navarro Leon
Substitutes: Osland, Brown, Sheldon, Taylor, Camarco, Thomas
How it Happened
Rhode Island knotted Dayton in a scoreless tie Thursday night for the Ram's third draw of the season.
Both teams struggled offensively in the first half of play, as neither of the teams were able to register a shot on the frame. Dayton recorded three shots on goal in the second half of play, however freshman Teresa Morrissey stopped all three shots to send the Rams into overtime for the fourth time this season.
Dayton's defense held Rhode Island to zero shots on goal until the final minute of the second overtime period, but that wasn't enough for Rhody as the extra time expired.
Inside the Box Score
- Freshman goalkeeper Teresa Morrissey posted the fourth shutout of her rookie campaign in the 0-0 draw.
- Morrissey had three saves. Her counterpart, Carly Becker, made one stop.
- Freshman Brooke Cavino led the Rams with four shots.
- Rhody went without a shot on goal until the 109th minute. The lone shot on the frame came from sophomore Tory Bike.
- Sophomore Grace Haggerty and freshman Claire Ross each had two shots.
- Seven of the 11 starters for Rhody tonight were freshmen.
The Rams return home on Sunday, Sept. 29 for a 1:00 p.m. matchup against George Washington.