RHODE ISLAND (0-12-1, 0-4-1 A-10)
Starters: Brennan (GK), D'Anna, Haggerty, Bike, Elworthy, Wakeford, Bentick, Osmanski, Schafer, Goncalves, Brodeur
Substitutes: Robbins, Sengphilom, Pignatelli
RICHMOND (1-11-1, 1-3-1 A-10)
Starters: Wigg (GK), Morgan, Gross, Cristian, Hendricks, Anderson, Clark, Bennetti, Beam, Kemly, Huxtable
Substitutes: Tripodi, Tritt, Hansen, Lydecker, Cox, Erlemeier, Williams, Crowell
84:51 - URI - Osmanski (Brodeur)
86:50 - RICHMOND - Gross (Cristian)
How it Happened
The Rams earned their first tie of the season in a 1-1 draw Thursday night in Richmond.
The Rams got on the board first when Brooke Osmanski headed in a cross from Michaela Brodeur in the 84th minute. The goal sparked the Spider offense as they answered less than two minutes later as a shot by Ashley Gross found the back of the net.
A penalty kick by Alexa Elworthy in the first overtime was saved by Richmond's Emily Wigg and the Rams entered their first double overtime period of the season. Neither team could execute as the score remain tied until the end of the second overtime period, 1-1.
Inside the Box Score
- Sophomore Brooke Osmanski recorded her third goal of the season. She added five shots, three of which were on the frame.
- Osmanski now leads the Rams with six points and 20 shots through 13 games.
- Osmanski also ended a five-game scoring drought for Rhody.
- Senior Alexa Elworthy and freshmen Rebecca D'Anna and Amanda Schafer also added a shot on goal for Rhody.
- Senior Michaela Brodeur recorded her first career assist.
- The Spiders outshot the Rams 17-11.
- Richmond also held the advantage in corner kicks, 8-5, including one corner kick that resulted in the Spider's equalizer.
- Senior goalkeeper Haley Brennan made 11 saves. Her counterpart, Emily Wing, had five.
The Rams continue their road swing as they travel to face La Salle on Sunday. Game time is set for 1 p.m.