RHODE ISLAND (0-11-0, 0-3-0 A-10)
Starters: Brennan (GK), Waldron, D'Anna, Haggerty, Elworthy, Wakeford, Bentick, Osmanski, Schafer, Goncalves, Brodeur
Substitutes: Bike, Reilly, Sengphilom
SAINT LOUIS (8-3-1, 3-0-0 A-10)
Starters: Hartmann (GK), Klug, Pokorny, Reimer, Seitzer, Farley, Friedrich, Lavalle, Sands, Palazzolo, Burke
Substitutes: Newsom, Silverman, Copeland, Crevioserat, Cox
40:10 - SLU - Pokorny (Cox)
How it Happened
Rhode Island lost 1-0 to Saint Louis on Thursday, falling to 0-3 in conference play.
The Billikens struck first after a long cross by Haley Cox was headed in by Maddie Pokorny. It was Pokorny's fourth goal of the season.
The Rams went into the half down 1-0. A strong Saint Louis defense prevented Rhody from getting a shot in the second 45 minutes of play, and the Billikens were able to take the win.
Inside the Box Score
- Junior Jaileen Goncalves had the lone shot on goal for Rhody.
- Senior Emily Wakeford recorded a shot.
- Senior goalkeeper Haley Brennan had a career-high 13 saves.
- Saint Louis held the advantage in shots, 40-2. The Rams could only get one shot in each half of play.
- SLU also had the advantage in corner kicks, 21-1.
The Rams return home to host Fordham Sunday, Sept. 30 at 1:00 p.m.