RHODE ISLAND (0-5)
Starters: Freeman (GK), Waldron, D'Anna, Haggerty, Bike, Bentick, Osmanski, Reilly, Schafer, Goncalves, Brodeur
Substitutes: Elworthy, Mayo, Sengphilom, Pignatelli, Ludviksdottir
Starters: Renaud (GK), Furci, Reilly, Svensson, Bradley, Prisco, Sasso, Colucci, Prevosto, Samarro, Nielsen
Substitutes: Colatosi, Quinonez, Davies, Haselkamp, Piperea, Mongno
16:56 - MARIST - Prevosto (Bradley, Sasso)
54:02 - URI - Waldron (D'Anna)
57:31 - MARIST - Reilly (Bradley)
How it Happened
The Rams fell 2-1 to Marist Sunday afternoon.
Kristen Prevosto got the Red Foxes on the board first with help from Keri Bradley and Nicole Sasso. Marist went into the break with a 1-0 advantage.
Marist answered less than three minutes later when Kristen Reilly found the back of the net with a second dish from Bradley. The Rams could not execute in the final minutes of play and took the eventual loss.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior Madison Waldron recorded her first goal of the season. The captain had a game-high three shots.
- Freshman Rebecca D'Anna tallied the third assist of her rookie campaign. She added two shots with one on goal in her second career start.
- Freshman Jadyn Reilly made her first career start for the Rams.
- Junior Jaileen Goncalves and sophomores Brooke Osmanski and Haley Pignatelli each recorded a shot for Rhody.
- Marist held a strong advantage in shots, 17-8.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Julia Freeman made a season-high six saves in her third consecutive start for the Rams.
- Her counterpart, Abigail Renaud, had one stop.
The Rams will travel to face Central Connecticut on Thursday, Sept. 6. Game time is set for 7 p.m.