Rhode Island Starters: Nickles (GK), Warjas, Mencos, Murray, Ross, N. Brennan, Lieberman, Ludviksdottir, Gylfadottir, Cabral, Nardella
Brown Starters: Etzel (GK), Gould, Story, Grant, Schmidt, Lehan, Cobb, Waldman, Calas, Lane, Phillips
How It Happened
The Bears began the scoring 8:36 into the game, as Carly Gould finished a Mikela Waldman crossing pass from the right side of the box. Brown extended its lead to 2-0 early in the second half, as Celia Story found the back of the net off a loose ball in the goal area. In the 71st minute, Brown's Maclaine Lehan made it 3-0 after scoring off a rebound after Katie Nickles made a save on a Gould shot attempt.
8:36 - Brown - Carly Gould (Waldman)
49:34 - Brown - Celia Story (Gould; Waldman)
70:45 - Brown - MacLaine Lehan (Gould; Alois)
Inside the Box Score
- Rhode Island was outshot, 14-7, including a 6-2 edge in shots on-goal.
- Allyson Reynolds led the Rams with two shots, while Madison Waldron, Jaileen Goncalves, Olivia DiFonso, Taylor Ross and Jennifer Mencos each attempted one shot.
- The Rams attempted two corner kicks and were whistled offsides on three occasions.
- Katie Nickles made three saves in goal for the Rams. Her scoreless streak ended at 223:26.
- Today's game was the second of four consecutive away matches for Rhode Island.
Rhode Island heads to Albany on Thursday night, Sept. 1, for a non-conference matchup versus the Great Danes. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.