Waldron, Tracewell, Elworthy, Wakeford, Ari Stanton, Ross, Lieberman, Alex Stanton, Gylfadottir, Nardella, Nickles (GK)
Bernetich, Clark, Gross, Cristian, Prillaman, Rooney, Pringle, Drummond, Egbers, Reifner, Stanfill (GK)
How It Happened:
The Spiders got on the board in the 17th minute, as Ashley Riefner converted a free kick from the right side, at the top of the box. Richmond struck again, this time in the 22nd minute - converting off a set piece again on the right side near the top of the box. Lindsay Egbers took a touch pass from Riefner for the second score of the half.
Rhody on the board early in the second half, as Sofia Cabral took the ball from midfield, crossing it into the right side of the box where she found Ari Stanton at the 47:08 mark.
Cabral again set up another URI goal, this time in the 58th minute, as she put a well-played ball into the box, as Taylor Ross converted the header past Richmond keeper Jessica Stanfill.
Richmond took the lead back for good in the 81st minute, as Riefner struck again. She took a pass from Dana Bernetich, right-to-left inside the box, and snuck it past a diving Katie Nickles.
16:05 - RICH - Ashley Riefner (unassisted)
21:34 - RICH - Lindsay Egbers (Riefner)
47:08 - URI - Ari Stanton (Cabral)
57:15 - URI - Taylor Ross (Cabral)
81:27 - RICH - Ashley Riefner (Bernetich)
Inside the Box Score:
- Ari Stanton added to her single-season career best goals total, tallying her fifth goal of the year. She leads the Rams with 11 points.
- Taylor Ross' goal in the second half was her first of the season
- Sofia Cabral's assist at the 47:08 mark was her first collegiate point
- Cabral's assist at the 57:15 mark was her second collegiate point.
- Richmond held the lead in total shots for the match, at 19-7. With shots on-goal, the Spiders held a slim, 10-7 edge.
- Katie Nickles made seven saves for Rhode Island - the fifth time she has made seven or more stops in a single match this season
- Each team attempted two corner kicks.
- Richmond was whistled for 11 fouls, while Rhode Island registered eight fouls.
The Rams head to Olean, N.Y. on Thursday night (Oct. 15) to take on St. Bonaventure at 7 p.m. Rhody next plays at home on Thursday, Oct. 22 when it hosts Dayton at the URI Soccer Complex. Game time is 7 p.m.