How It Happened:
After a scoreless first half Rhode Island sophomore Lucy Gildein put the Rams on the board in the 69th minute. Gildein received the ball from freshman Ari Stanton, and was able to flip it over the keeper for the games only goal.
Inside the Box Score:
- The Rams held the offensive advantage, outshooting the Highlanders, 17-1.
- Rhode Island attempted nine corner kicks while NJIT had zero.
- Ashley Evangelista and Ellie Bailes both recorded three shots, two of them on goal.
- Rhode Island goalkeeper Reilly Lindsey recorded the shutout without having to make a save.
- Rhode Island's record stands at 3-0.
- URI's Lindsey started her first game of the season and picked up the win.
- The last time Rhode Island won three straight games was last season when they beat Manhattan, Stony Brook, and Syracuse.
The Rams hit the road for the first time this season when they face Iona Friday, Aug.31. The match is scheduled for 4 p.m. Rhode Island's next home game is Sunday, Sept. 2 against Bryant in a 1 p.m. matchup.