RHODE ISLAND AT SAINT JOSEPH'S
Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 5:00 p.m.
Michael J. Hagan Arena - Philadelphia, Pa.
RHODE ISLAND VS. SAINT JOSEPH'S - SERIES NOTES
- Rhode Island travels to Philadelphia for the 65th meeting against Saint Joseph's.
- The Hawks hold a 56-8 advantage in the series, and have won four of the last five contests.
- The last Rhody win in the series was March 3, 2016 in the first round of the Atlantic 10 Championship. Rhody took the 81-76 victory to advance to the quarterfinal. The Rams have not advanced in the postseason tournament since.
- Both Saint Joseph's and Rhode Island have conference wins over Richmond.
- The Hawks enter Wednesday's game on a two-game losing streak, falling to Massachusetts (61-43) and VCU (47-40). The Rams fell to Davidson last time out.
- Saint Joseph's is led by Katie Jekot and Claire Melia, who both average 10.1 points per game.
- Rhode Island has three active players providing double-digits in scoring. Senior Nicole Jorgensen averages a team-high 16.0 points per game, while Davida Dale averages 12.3 and Erin Jones adds 10.6.
JORGENSEN EARNS SECOND A-10 PLAYER OF THE WEEK HONOR
- Rhode Island senior Nicole Jorgensen was named the Atlantic 10 Player of the Week, the league announced Monday.
- It was the second weekly honor for the Quincy, Mass. native this season.
- In two games this week, Jorgensen averaged 27.5 points per game and 9.0 rebounds per game.
- She shot 60.5 percent from the floor (23-of-38) and 69.2 percent from the charity stripe, including a perfect 7-of-7 at the line in Rhody's first conference win in overtime over Richmond on Tuesday.
- Jorgensen scored eight of Rhody's 12 points in the extra time, hitting the pressure free throws (2-of-2) to lead the Rams to victory over the Spiders.
- On Sunday, Jorgensen had her fifth double-double of the season against Davidson, scoring a season-high 32 points and grabbing 11 rebounds.
DALE STEALING THE SHOW, TOP OF THE CONFERENCE
- Redshirt senior Davida Dale leads the Atlantic 10 with 2.27 steals per game.
- She has a team-high 34 steals on the season.
- Teammate Maia Moffitt is fourth in the A-10 with 2.07 steals per game.
- In the game against Harvard, Moffitt matched her career-high with five steals.
- Dale had a career-high seven steals in the win over Holy Cross.