Rhode Island Starters
Colome, Dale, Moffitt, Jones, Jorgensen
Omogrosso, Bovell, Bazelak, Kalin, Lass
How it Happened
Rhode Island ended its season with a 106-69 loss to Duquesne in the first round of the Atlantic 10 Tournament Tuesday night.
The Dukes shot 77.8% (14-18) to jump to a 42-21 lead at the end of the first quarter.
Duquesne pushed its lead to 30 going into halftime, 66-36.
The Dukes got their largest lead of the game at 7:55 in the fourth (92-51) after a 3-pointer by Angela Staffileno put the game away.
Inside the Box Score
- Nicole Jorgensen had a team-high 18 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for her sixth double double of the season.
- Maia Moffitt added 13 points, three steals, three assists, and three rebounds.
- Dina Motrechuk was the third Ram to score in double figures, scoring 12 points and added 2 blocks.
- The Duquesne bench scored 61 points to the Ram's 22 bench contributions.
- Duquesne held the advantage in second chance points (9-7), fast break points (28-6) and points in the paint (48-38).
- The Dukes had five score in double figures.