Posted: Feb 26, 2019
RHODE ISLAND at DAVIDSON
Wednesday, Feb. 26 at 7:00 p.m.
John M. Belke Arena - Davidson, N.C.
RHODE ISLAND VS. DAVIDSON - SERIES NOTES
- Wednesday will be the seventh all-time meeting between Rhode Island and Davidson, and the second time this year.
- The Wildcats visited the Ryan Center earlier this season on Jan. 12 and handed the Rams a 77-67 loss.
- Davidson holds a slight edge in the series, 4-3, and the Wildcast have won each of the last four contests.
- The last Rhody win came on Jan. 23, 2016 in a 78-62 victory at the Ryan Center.
- Davidson's Justine Lyon leads the Wildcats with 13.2 points per game. Katie Turner ranks first in the conference providing 4.5 assists per game.
2019 ATLANTIC 10 CHAMPIONSHIP
- The 2019 Atlantic 10 Women's Basketball Championship will be March 8-10 hosted by Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, Pa. with all 14 teams taking part in the tournament.
- The top two teams in the conference earn a bye.
- The first round will be featured on campus sites beginning on Tuesday, March 5.
- Semifinal Saturday on CBS Sports Network tips off at 11:00 a.m., followed by the second semifinal at 1:30 p.m.
- The Championship game will air on ESPNU Sunday at noon.
JORGENSEN RECORDS BACK-TO-BACK DOUBLE-DOUBLES
- Rhode Island junior Nicole Jorgensen had back-to-back double-double performance last week against St. Bonaventure and Saint Joseph's.
- Against the Bonnies, Jorgensen poured in 23 points and grabbed 14 boards.
- Against the Hawks Jorgensen scored 21 points and had 11 rebounds.
- Jorgensen now has five double-doubles this season and has 18 in her career.
- In the Ram's game against Dayton Jorgensen's third rebound of the game was the 500th of her career.
- She's now at 554 career boards.
- She needs 60 rebounds to crack the Rhody top 10 and pass Lindsay Harris (2006-10) who had 613 career rebounds.
- As a sophomore, the Quincy, Mass. native had 204 rebounds. She has 200 through 26 games this season.
- Jorgensen is also less than 100 points away from scoring 1,000 on her career.
- With 934 career points, she is just 66 away from the milestone.
- With two games remaining of the regular season and one guaranteed first-round game of the Atlantic 10 Tournament, Jorgensen needs to average 22 points per game for the remainder of the 2018-19 season to hit the 1,000 point mark this year.
- Jorgensen has a chance to be the 22nd Ram in program history to reach 1,000 points.
- The last Ram to do so was Charise Wilson (2014-18) who had 1,428 career points.
COLOME CONTINUES TO CONTRIBUTE
- Rhode Island redshirt junior Elemy Colome is the leading scorer for the Rams, contributing 14.3 points per game.
- The offensive effort is ranked sixth in the Atlantic 10.
- She has 19 double-digit performances in 26 games this season and has scored atleast 10 points in seven of the last eight games.
- Colome had a career-high 26-point game against St. Bonaventure. She was 4-of-5 from beyond the arc and a perfect 6-of-6 at the free throw line.
- The Lawrence, Mass. native led the Rams' non-conference success, including consecutive road wins at Robert Morris and Vermont for the first time since early in the 2016-17 season.
- Colome was named to the Atlantic 10 weekly honor roll for her efforts, which included scoring 10 of the Rams' 12 points down the stretch to seal the victory at Robert Morris.
- She led the Rams in their first win in program history at Chaifetz arena with a team-best 16 points at Saint Louis.
- Colome has started every game for the Rams during her redshirt junior season.
- She adds 3.9 rebounds per game, 2.3 assists per game, 1.6 steals per game, and is shooting 76% (77-of-101) from the free-throw line. Her 76% from the charity stripe is ranked 12th in the A-10.