Posted: Feb 01, 2019
RHODE ISLAND vs. DAYTON
Sunday, Feb. 3 at 1:00 p.m.
Kingston, R.I. - The Ryan Center
RHODE ISLAND VS. DAYTON - SERIES NOTES
- Sunday will be the 27th meeting between Rhode Island and Dayton.
- The Flyers hold a 22-4 advantage in the all-time series dating back to 1996.
- Dayton has won the last 14 straight meetings, most recently defeating the Rams 116-58 in Dayton, Ohio.
- This will be the Flyers' second time visiting the Ryan Center in the last four meetings.
- The last Rhody win came in the first round of the A-10 Tournament on March 5, 2004. Rhode Island took the 69-49 victory in Philadelphia, Pa.
- The Rams are looking to snap a four-game losing streak, most recently falling to St. Bonaventure 84-68.
- Rhody is also looking for its first conference home victory. URI is 0-4 at the Ryan Center in Atlantic 10 play.
- Dayton's Jayla Scaife is third in the A-10 in scoring, averaging 15.6 points per game. Rhode Island's Elemy Colome is fifth adding 14.6 points per game.
- Scaife is also ranked fourth in the conference in rebounds, grabbing an average of 7.6 boards per game. Rhody's Nicole Jorgensen averages 7.2, good for seventh in the league.
- Dayton leads the Atlantic 10 averaging 43.1 rebounds per game. Rhode Island is fifth with 37.9 rebounds per contest.
COLOME CONTINUES TO CONTRIBUTE
- Rhode Island redshirt junior Elemy Colome is the leading scorer for the Rams, contributing 14.6 points per game.
- The offensive effort is ranked fifth in the Atlantic 10.
- She has 15 double-digit performances in 20 games this season and currently holds a three-game streak of scoring 10 points or more.
- Colome enters Sunday's game coming off a career-high 26-point game against St. Bonaventure.
- She was 4-of-5 from beyond the arc and a perfect 6-of-6 at the free-throw line.
- The Lawrence, Mass. native led the Rams' non-conference success, including consecutive road wins at Robert Morris and Vermont for the first time since early in the 2016-17 season.
- Colome was named to the Atlantic 10 weekly honor roll for her efforts, which included scoring 10 of the Rams' 12 points down the stretch to seal the victory at Robert Morris.
- She led the Rams in their first win in program history at Chaifetz arena with a team-best 16 points at Saint Louis.
- Colome has started every game for the Rams during her redshirt junior season.
- She adds 4.3 rebounds per game, 2.5 assists per game, 1.6 steals per game, and is shooting 76% (55-of-72) from the free-throw line.
- Her 76% from the charity stripe is ranked 13th in the A-10.