Colome, Ross, Moffitt, Vargas, Jorgensen
St. Bonaventure Starters
Johnson, Maycock, Francis, Oliver, Logan
How It Happened
Rhode Island (7-13, 2-6 Atlantic 10) dropped its fourth straight game, losing to St. Bonaventure 84-68 Wednesday.
The Rams shot 40.0 percent in the first half as they stayed close to the Bonnies. Rhody trailed 19-17 after one quarter, and the deficit gradually grew to seven points by halftime. St. Bonaventure went into the break with a 39-32 lead.
The Bonnies (6-14, 3-4 A-10) took control in the third quarter. After a 3-pointer from Elemy Colome got Rhode Island within six points at 41-35, the Bonnies went on a 19-5 run that was spurred by three straight 3-point shots. Mckenna Maycock had two of the treys, and Deja Francis added the third to put St. Bonaventure up, 60-40.
Rhode Island cut the lead down to 14 midway through the fourth quarter, but it was unable to get closer.
Inside the Box Score
- Redshirt junior Elemy Colome led Rhode Island with a career-high 26 points. She was 8-of-14 from the floor, including 4-of-5 from 3-point range. She also was 6-for-6 at the free throw line.
- Sophomores Abby Streeter and Maia Moffitt both scored in double figures as well. Streeter had 12 points off the bench, while Moffitt had 11 points and five rebounds.
- Junior Nicole Jorgensen finished with 10 points, six rebounds and four steals.
- Redshirt junior Davida Dale had six points, three rebounds, three steals and three assists off the bench before fouling out.
- St. Bonaventure has now won 12 straight games against Rhode Island.
- The Bonnies had 22 assists on 33 field goals.
- St. Bonaventure was 13-of-27 from 3-point range.
Rhode Island is back in the Ryan Center Sunday, Feb. 3 to host Dayton. Game time is 1 p.m.