Posted: Jan 28, 2019
RHODE ISLAND vs. ST. BONAVENTURE
Wednesday, Jan. 30 at 11:00 a.m.
Kingston, R.I. - The Ryan Center
RHODE ISLAND VS. ST. BONAVENTURE - SERIES NOTES
- Wednesday will be the 54th meeting between Rhode Island and St. Bonaventure.
- The Bonnies own a 30-23 advantage in the all-time series dating back to 1987.
- Rhody is looking to break an 11-game winning streak held by St. Bonaventure.
- The last Rhody win came on March 7, 2008. The Rams won 61-49 in the first round of the Atlantic 10 tournament in Philadelphia, Pa.
- Rhode Island is looking to get back in the win column, falling to George Mason 75-69 last time out.
- St. Bonaventure most recently defeated Massachusetts 64-63 on Jan. 26.
- The Bonnies are led by Mckenna Maycock who is averaging 10.8 points per game. She's second on the team in rebounds, averaging 5.7 boards per contest.
- Deja Francis is tied for ninth in the Atlantic 10 with 3.1 assists per game. Rhode Island's Davida Dale is just ahead of her, dishing out 3.2 assists a game.
BLOCK PARTY FEATURING THE RAMS
- Rhode Island leads the Atlantic 10 in blocked shots per game, averaging 5.2 per contest.
- No other team in the conference is averaging more than 4.4 stops per game.
- Nine Rams have had at least one block through 19 games this season.
- Junior Nicole Jorgensen is fourth in the A-10 averaging 1.6 blocks per game.
- The Quincy, Mass. native matched her career-best five blocks at George Mason Jan. 27.
- Rhody has four players hit double figures in blocks so far this season.
- Jorgensen leads the Rams with 25 blocks. Senior Dina Motrechuk has 23 and classmate Jalissa Ross has 15. Redshirt junior Davida Dale has 11 stops on the year.
- Motrechuk set the program's single-game record with eight blocks at Saint Louis.
- She is tied for sixth in the conference, averaging 1.4 stops per game.
- Rhode Island tied the second most stops in a game (11) twice this season in wins against Brown and Saint Louis.