Dec 05, 2018
RHODE ISLAND VS. KENTUCKY - SERIES NOTES
- Thursday's game will be the first meeting between the two schools.
- Kentucky enters the game 8-0 and ranked No. 19 in the Associated Press Top 25 Poll.
- The Wildcats are off to their best start since the 2015-16 season when they began 10-0.
- UK is coming off a win against Morehead State last Wednesday in Memorial Coliseum, taking down the in-state foe 87-57.
- The Wildcats were led by senior guard Maci Morris in the win, scoring 31 points including 25 in the first half.
- Freshman Rhyne Howard leads Kentucky in scoring this season, averaging 18.1 points and 6.9 rebounds per game - both team bests.
- Rhode Island will face one other school for the first time in program history in the 2018-19 season, traveling to Clemson following Thursday's matchup against Kentucky.
OBERG OFFERS SPARK OFF THE BENCH
- Rhode Island redshirt sophomore Meghan Oberg has provided a boost off the bench for the Rams.
- In the last three games, the Islip, N.Y. native has average 7.7 points and 6.0 rebounds per game.
- She's gone 11-of-11 from the charity stripe, and is the only player in the A-10 to shoot a perfect 100% from the free throw line.
DALE NAMED ATLANTIC 10 PLAYER OF THE WEEK
- Rhode Island redshirt junior Davida Dale was named the Atlantic 10 Player of the Week, the league announced Monday, Dec. 2.
- Dale is the first Ram to earn the conference Player of the Week accolade since Tayra Melendez was honored Dec. 16, 2013.
- The guard led the Rams to their first three-game winning streak since the early 2016-17 season last week, averaging 16.7 points and 7.3 rebounds in wins against North Dakota (11/27), Providence (12/1) and Brown (12/2).
- She scored a career high 22 points in the Rams victory against North Dakota and added a career-high six steals, which she then matched in the Rams win over Providence in the opening game of the Ocean State Tip-Off Tournament.
- Dale was the first Ram to grab six steals in a single game since Charise Wilson did so in the game against VCU on Feb. 17, 2016.
- The Providence, R.I. native has had at least one steal in every game of the season and leads the conference averaging 3.0.
- She made 17-of-20 from the charity stripe (85%), including a perfect 6-of-6 in the Rhody win against Brown.
- In her performance during the Ocean State Tip-Off Tournament, Dale combined for 28 points,15 rebounds, seven assists, seven steals, and two blocks, leading the Rams to their first-ever Ocean State Tip-Off Championship.
- The Rams are 5-2 since adding Dale to the starting lineup, their best start since the 2003-04 season.
BLOCK PARTY FEATURING THE RAMS
- Rhode Island leads the Atlantic 10 in blocked shots per game, averaging 6.3 per contest.
- Junior Nicole Jorgensen is tied for first in the conference with 1.6 blocks per contest.
- Senior Dina Motrechuk is a close fourth, averaging 1.4 blocks per game.
- Senior Jalissa Ross had three blocks in the win over Providence, followed by four stops in the victory against Brown. She's ranked sixth in the A-10 with 1.3 blocks a game.
- Sophomore Maia Moffitt had back-to-back career performances of two blocks against Providence and Brown.
- Nine Rams have had atleast one block through seven games this season.