Rhode Island Starters
Ross, Jorgensen, Colome, Dale, Moffitt
Robert Morris Starters
Pluviose, Ezeigbo, Adams, Augustin, Callahan
How it Happened
Rhode Island earned its first win of the season in a 46-41 victory over Robert Morris on Tuesday night.
The Rams (1-1) got off to a hot 7-0 start in the first quarter, but the Colonials (1-2) answered with a 12-2 run to end the period ahead 12-9.
Rhode Island was able to tie it 17-17 thanks to a 8-5 run capped by a Elemy Colome layup, but Robert Morris took back the lead just before half, going into the break up 19-17.
Rhody scored the first seven points of the third quarter to get on top 24-19, but the Colonials would not let up, going on a 8-3 run of their own to tie the score at 27-27 with 4:48 left in the period. Robert Morris ended the third quarter scoring five unanswered points to head into the final period up 32-27.
The Colonials pushed the lead to as many as eight points (35-27) in the fourth, but the Rams used a 7-0 run with points from Jalissa Ross, Colome, and Davida Dale to cut the Robert Morris lead to one (35-34). From there it was all the Rams, as Colome scored 10 of the Rams final 12 points down the stretch and Rhode Island was able to nail down the victory, 46-41.
Inside the Box Score
- Redshirt junior Elemy Colome had a game-best 17 points. She added six rebounds, two steals and one assist.
- Junior Davida Dale nearly had a double-double, scoring nine points and grabbing nine rebounds. She added five assists and two steals in 25 minutes.
- Junior Nicole Jorgensen had seven points, seven rebounds, two steals and two blocks.
- Senior Jalissa Ross added five points and five rebounds with two assists and one steal.
- Senior Dina Motrechuk had three rebounds, two steals and two blocks.
- Rhode Island held the advantage in points in the paint (22-8), second chance points (11-8) and fast-break points (11-1).
- Rhody held a slight edge in rebounds, 42-37.
The Rams continue their road swing as they travel to play Vermont on Sunday, Nov. 18.