Rhode Island Starters
Ross, Moffitt, Vargas, Streeter, Jorgensen
Holden, Davis, Cavanaugh, Klug, Goulding
How it Happened
Rhode Island saw its season come to a close in a 75—53 loss at Fordham in the first round of the Atlantic 10 Championship on Tuesday.
Fordham outscored Rhode Island 16-9 in the first, with half of those points coming from G'Mrice Davis. The Rams of the Bronx went on an 8-0 run to start the second quarter until and Elemy Colome jumper at 6:06. However Rhode Island was outscored 25-5 to trail 41-14 going into the break.
In the third, Fordham went on a 17-10 run to gain the lead of 60-24 heading into the final 10 minutes of play. Rhode Island outscored Fordham 29-15 in the fourth, backed by eight points from Dina Motrechuk and 11 from Colome. However it was not enough as the Rams of Kingston took the eventual 75-53 loss and end the season.
Inside the Box Score
- Redshirt sophomore Elemy Colome had a team-high 15 points in
- Sophomore Nicole Jorgensen scored 13 points to go with five rebounds and one block before fouling out with 8:29 to play in the fourth.
- Freshman Maia Moffitt added seven points, six rebounds, and three assists.
- Freshman Marta Vargas had five points and four assists.
- Fordham's G'Mrice Davis had a game-high 23 points, going 7-of-8 from the free throw line. She grabbed 16 blocks.
- Fordham held the advantage in rebounds, 42-29. They scored 17 points off of 13 offensive rebounds.
- Rhode Island's bench outscored Fordham's 26-7.
- Turnovers were tied at 17. Rhody scored 13 points off of those miscues.