Rhode Island: 4-20, 0-12 A-10
Davidson: 4-20, 2-10 A-10
Location: Belk Arena – Davidson, N.C.
Date: Saturday, Feb. 11
Tip-off Time: 2 p.m. EST
Live Stats | Video | Twitter
RHODE ISLAND VS. DAVIDSON - SERIES NOTES
- Saturday's game will be just the fourth in the all-time series between Rhode Island and Davidson.
- The Rams have won each of the previous three meetings, including a 78-62 victory in Kingston last season.
- In its only other visit to Davidson, Rhode Island was victorious, taking a 71-62 win in Belk Arena on Jan. 11, 2015.
- Both teams are trying to avoid finishing in last place in the regular season standings. Davidson is two games ahead of Rhode Island with four league games remaining for both teams. A victory by the Wildcats on Saturday would guarantee a last-place finish for Rhode Island.
- Both teams rank among the best teams in the Atlantic 10 in steals. Davidson averages a league-best 8.4 steals per game, while the Rams are fourth in the league with 8.0 steals per game.
- Davidson's Justine Lyon and Mackenzie Latt both ranks among the league's top 10 scorers. Lyon is seventh in the A-10 at 14.5 points per game, while Latt is eighth with 14.3 points per game.
WARD DOES A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING
- Junior Dominique Ward is the ultimate utility tool for the Rams.
- Ward leads the team in rebounding (5.1 per game).
- She is second on the team in scoring (7.6 points per game), assists (1.6 per game), steals (1.7 per game) and blocked shots (0.9 per game).
- Ward also ranks second on the team with 32.4 minutes per game.
- She is 10th in the A-10 in steals per game and 15th in blocked shots per game.
ODDS AND ENDS
- For the first time since the 2007-08 season, Rhode Island has two players with 40 or more 3-pointers in the same season as Charise Wilson has 44 and Morgan Johnson has 41. In 2007-08, Amanda McGrew had 57 and Safi Mojidi made 51. The previous year, Mojidi had 49 3-pointers and McGrew had 42.
- Rhode Island had made 147 3-point baskets this season, the fourth most in a single season in program history.
- With four regular-season games remaining, the Rams have 132 blocked shots, which is 30 shy of the single-season team record of 162 set during the 1978-79 season.
- Saturday will be Davidson's #Play4Kay Pink Game for breast cancer awareness.