Rhode Island: 4-19, 0-11 A-10
George Washington: 15-8, 8-3 A-10
Location: Ryan Center – Kingston, R.I.
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 8
Tip-off Time: 7 p.m. EST
Live Stats | Video | Twitter
RHODE ISLAND VS. GEORGE WASHINGTON - SERIES NOTES
- Wednesday's game will be the 45th in the all-time series between Rhode Island and George Washington. The Colonials lead the series, 39-6.
- Rhode Island is 5-16 when hosting George Washington. The Rams have lost six straight games to the Colonials.
- Rhody last won in the series on Jan. 12, 2010, a 59-51 victory in the Ryan Center.
- Last season, George Washington defeated Rhode Island 68-52. Though the Rams turned 25 turnovers into 19 points, the Colonials scored 26 second-chance points, using the boards to control the game.
- George Washington is the top rebounding team in the Atlantic 10, averaging 42.7 boards per game. The Colonials average 15.3 offensive rebounds per game.
- George Washington forward Caira Washington leads the conference with a .620 field goal percentage. She also ranks second in blocked shots (2.2) and seventh in rebounds (7.1 per game). She leads the Colonials with 12.8 points per game.
- Rhode Island enters the game looking to snap a 16-game losing streak, while GW has won two straight.
MOTRECHUK 18TH NATIONALLY IN BLOCKED SHOTS
- Sophomore Dina Motrechuk leads the Atlantic 10 and ranks 18th in the country with 57 blocked shots.
- Motrechuk averages 2.48 blocks per game, the 20th best average in the nation.
- She has 13 more blocks than any other A-10 player.
- Motrechuk has four or more blocks in seven games.
- Her 57 blocks are the fifth most in a season in program history.
- She is the first Ram in 36 years to record 50 in a season, dating back to when Naomi Graves had 76 in 1980-81.
MORGAN JOHNSON CONNECTING FROM DEEP
- Junior Morgan Johnson ranks 10th in the Atlantic 10 with 1.7 3-point baskets per game.
- Johnson has made 39 3-pointers this season, second on the team only to Charise Wilson (44). With one more field goal by Johnson, Rhode Island will have two players with 40 or more 3-pointers in the same season since the 2007-08 season, when Amanda McGrew had 57 and Safi Mojidi made 51.
- In 2007-08, Mojidi had 49 3-pointers and McGrew had 42. Johnson is the only Ram to start every game this year.
ODDS AND ENDS
- Rhode Island is third in the A-10 with 5.6 blocked shots per game and has blocked 128 shots on the season.
- Rhody has blocked five or more shots 13 times.
- Fifteen of Rhode Island's 23 games thus far have been decided by double digits, with 12 of the contests being decided by 15 points or more.